Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Admissions are good for the soul

And I need to admit that several things are becoming very obvious to me as I work on, interview for, write, and try to edit, The SL Model's Survival Manual.

1) I am a good interviewer and people respond to my questions and questionaires readily

2) I write well also. Editing my own writing is lots tougher for me

3) The scope of this book project is FAR larger then I envisioned when I started it several months ago.

4) The help I've begun to receive, from unexpected places, has opened my eyes to MANY things I was not taking into account that are important to the validity of the book.

5) Writing is, perhaps 40% of the work in producing a book. For example, I could do it without photographs and save a ton of work. That seems to be a cop out to me. Getting these other book production tasks in order is going to require help.

6) Getting the word out on the "My Faire Lady" makeover contest is not going well. This is my own fault and I'm going to have to pump up the volume on both, entries, and sponsors, for that in a hurry. The point of the contest is to take 2 "relative" model wannabes, a male and a female and re-engineer/rebuild them into models. The rules are almost non-existent to make it a piece cake to enter.

This project is changing me, forcing me to evolve and mature. I am surrounded on every side by powerful women, Katherine Comet (my inspiration for the project and the supermodel who will be on the cover), Tia Ryba - CEO of TnT (my boss), Kay Fairey of BOSL/Former CEO of Evane (my conscience), Monica Balut and Herradurra Baar of Model's Workshop (Drama repellents and my technical resources on modeling in SL), Jersey Ceriano of DeJaVue Modeling (also an inspiration), Dea Mills former CEO of Modavia (an SL modeling icon), QueenBrat Bracken (my lovable PITA), Antonia Muggins (the photographer for this project), the list goes on. Individually each impacts me in a unique way, together they have done the impossible, chipped away at my outlook, and snarkiness, to the point that I amaze even myself with my failure to rise to bait that I encounter frequently.

The women I named, have communally and individually, changed my outlook and my SLife and I am grateful to them and many others I haven't named yet for trusting me and making that effort.

I'm just,

Nave

No comments:

Post a Comment