Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've taken a bit of a break

I’ve taken a bit of a break here over the last week.

Between, TnT, the book and contest ( which I admit has not drawn anywhere near the response I'd hoped to get considering the dandy prizes and simple way to enter ), Model’s Workshop, my own 1 on 1 training with Kandi Lauria and RL events surrounding my mother’s accident I am weary and needed a break.

I tried to appear at things I committed to, which reminds me that I need to, frequently thank people who have pitched in to help me out.

Kandi Lauria who, gamely, after having her arm twisted by Toni Oh of Jenna Coppola Studios, agreed to run a refresher runway class during the day. What can I say about Kandi? Well.............she is the soul of patience, she doesn’t yell when it’s obvious I am deluged with IMs, only going "Ummmm yoooo hooo? Lag probs Nave?" Simply stated she is a spectacular, if self–effacing, trainer and model who has been so, so patient with me. Other models I know would have done this thankless task if I’d asked but not been nearly as nice about it.

Monica Balut, the more I get to know her the more I like her.

Herradurra Baar, if I ever get to know her I’m sure I’ll like her a lot.

Aspen Parx, a dandy (well Beau Brummel was a dandy right? see his profile and you'll get it ) who has reached out his hand in friendship when I’ve been despairing at the idea of male buddy in here ever again.

Kimmera Madison, a designer’s designer. She is a riot to hang out with, She makes me laugh till I cry (okay what really happened is diet coke came out my nose she caught me so off guard which is pretty much the same damn thing). Introducing her to Katherine was like buying a ticket to be a ping pong ball or cat's chew toy that's been sprayed with catnip.

Typical Kim/Kat exchange:

Nave: ummmmmmmm
Kimmera: We’re working here. Can’t HE see we’re busy fitting this gown?
Katherine: Ignore him. He can sort his inventory or something till we’re done.
Nave: Errrr. it’s about the gown
Kim: HE doesn’t get it does HE?
Kat: He’s a man, and a writer, he doesn’t understand this kind of close, warm collaboration between 2 women.
Nave: That gown just looks weird………
Kat: Don’t you have a book to work on or a blog to write?
Kim: Look pal, I charge double when I get annoyed………..
Nave zips it………………..

Anyway the level of craftswomanship Kim applies to everything she does awes me even if she and Kat take far too much pleasure in batting me about the sim.

Katherine Comet, who continues to amaze me with her grit, wit, spit and determination to be, no matter how much sleep she loses, the best model she can possibly be.

Countless models I encounter at Model’s Workshop, at TnT and in other groups, who remind me that the divas are really the exception rather then the rule.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, friendship and patience.

I’m just,

Nave

4 comments:

  1. ok, I'd like it known that I never said those words, Nave is full of crap again...LOL..ok, I may have said something close to that, and yes, he did shoot coca cola out his nose...what are friends for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, Naveeeee, leans in to kiss his cheek,smacks him upside the head instead, then kisses it....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nave...Thanx for the kind words.Anything you need just ask......

    ReplyDelete